Our non-surgical, minimally invasive procedures offer unique solutions for those suffering with chronic joint, spine and musculoskeletal pain. Traditional medical options, such as cortisone injections, offer only short-term relief and do not heal an injury. In fact, recent studies revealed how cortisone and steroid injections can cause weakening of ligaments and tendons, erosion of cartilage, avascular necrosis and osteoporosis. More invasive surgeries come with greater risks, long recovery times, scar tissue formation, and poor prognosis of recovery for certain surgeries. Both options cause breakdown of tissue and sometimes may even lead to further damage.
Regenerative therapies may be the perfect alternative to joint replacement and/ or orthopedic surgeries. In fact, research from 2013, by the Arthritic foundation at Washinton Univeristy Svhool of Medicine at St. Louis, suggested Stem Cells can someday replace Hip Replacement. Based on numerous research and studies, we believe that day has arrived.
Regenerative therapy aids and facilitates your body’s natural ability to repair and restore itself-a true healing solution. Our physical therapy and nutritional options help improve function and restore range of motion and strength, alleviating our patient’s symptoms and allowing them to get back to sport as quickly as possible.
However, not all Regenerative Treatments are considered equal. There is much confusion and many doctors claiming they are using stem cells, when in fact, they are not. Our procedures are backed by real science and we make sure each patient is getting the highest quantity and quality of regenerative components. Do not get fooled by others other placenta or umbilical cells and trying to pass them of as active stem cells.
PRP/Platelet Rich Plasma Injection
Our blood is made of red and white blood cells, plasma and platelets. After an injury occurs, platelets are the first responders to the site and release healing proteins called growth factors.
Growth factors in the body heal damaged tissue. Next, white blood cells, which also release growth factors, are summoned to the injured area to help heal.
How do we enhance your body’s natural PRP?
The procedure starts with a simple blood draw. The blood sample is then placed in centrifuge that spins at a high speed, which separates the platelets from the other components of whole blood. Concentrated platelets and white blood cells are removed and then injected into the injured tissue. We use ultrasound guidance for pinpoint accuracy. High concentration of your own autologous PRP, containing powerful growth factors, helps to jumpstart the healing process.
Once again, not all PRP procedures are the same. We use a double spin process that preserves the highest concentration of PRP and kits that ensure no outside agents can enter the blood once drawn from our patients. This makes our procedures better and safer.
PRP is a treatment used for some common orthopedic conditions. It can be extremely beneficial for injuries to a tendon, ligament, or cartilage because these structures have poor blood supply. Structures that do not receive enough blood supply have a hard time healing because the healing nutrients are found in blood. This is also true with scar tissue. High concentration of healing factors taken from the blood and injected into the injured area can significantly speed up the rate of which one recovers.
PRP CAN HELP
▪ Tendon Injuries (Tennis or Golfer’s Elbow, Tendonitis, Tendonosis, Achilles inuries)
▪ Muscle injuries
▪ Ligament sprains or tears (MCL, LCL)
▪ Piriformis syndrome
▪ Rotator Cuff tendonitis
▪ Bicipital tendonitis
▪ Plantar Fasciitis
How does PRP therapy help?
- The body’s first response to soft tissue injury is to deliver platelet cells
- Packed with growth and healing factors, platelets initiate repair and attract the critical assistance of stem cells
- PRP therapy’s natural healing process intensifies the body’s efforts by delivering a higher concentration of platelets
- To create PRP therapy, a small sample of your blood is drawn (similar to a lab test sample) and placed in a centrifuge that spins the blood at high speeds, separating the platelets from the other components
- The concentrated platelet rich plasma (PRP) is then injected into and around the point of injury, jump-starting and significantly strengthening the body’s natural healing signal
- Because your own blood is used, there is no risk of transmitting infection and a very low risk of allergic reaction.