Our non-surgical, minimally invasive procedures offer unique solutions for those suffering from chronic joint, spine, and musculoskeletal pain. Traditional medical options, such as cortisone injections, offer only short-term relief and do not heal an injury. In fact, recent studies revealed how cortisone and steroid injections can cause weakening of ligaments and tendons, erosion of cartilage, worsening of arthritis, avascular necrosis, and even osteoporosis. More invasive surgeries come with greater risks including long recovery times, scar tissue formation, and poor prognosis of recovery for certain surgeries. Both options cause a breakdown of tissue and sometimes may even lead to further damage.
Regenerative Treatment Options
Stem Cell Therapy
- Stem Cell Therapy is a new field of medicine that aims to repair injured or degenerated tissue without invasive surgery
- There are several benefits for a wide variety of conditions including arthritis, labral tears, rotator cuff tears, meniscus tears, and other injuries
- Adult stem cells are found throughout your body, though the highest concentration of cells is in the bone marrow and fat tissue.
- Adult stem cells have the ability to self replicate, change into different tissues types, and effect metabolic changes in nearby cells
See if this treatment is right for you (link to Stem Cell Treatment page)
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
- PRP is a promising treatment option for soft tissue injuries and damage utilizing your own innate healing process
- PRP is plasma and platelets concentrated (about 5-7x) from your own blood containing numerous growth factors and signaling proteins which helps facilitate healing and decrease inflammation and pain
- It is useful in numerous applications including tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, minor impingement, plantar fasciitis, hip bursitis, muscle strains
- The goal is to augment and facilitate healing. We are promoting a healing environment and trying to fix the dysfunctional chemistry in the injured site. Think of this as a safer alternative to cortisone injections. They decrease inflammation in the area without causing the damaging effects that steroids do.
See if this treatment is right for you (link to PRP page)
Regenerative Treatments Can Help:
- Knee Joint (Arthritis, Meniscal Injury, LCL, MCL, Patellar tendonitis)
- Shoulder Joint (Rotator Cuff tendonitis and tears, Arthritis, Bursitis, Bicep Tendinosis, Acromioclavicular Pain, Avascular necrosis)
- Hip Joint (Hip Bursitis, Arthritis, Labral Tear, Avascular Necrosis)
- Ankle and Foot Joint (Sprain, Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, and tears)
- Elbow Joint (Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow, Arthritis, Distal Bicep, Tommy John Injury)
We believe there is more to a regenerative medicine treatment than just getting an injection. We utilize a suite of cutting-edge treatments to augment your stem cell and regenerative medicine treatments such as NAD IV therapy, Ozone therapy, and Enzyme therapy. These prime your body for repair, allow increased production and release of stem cells from your body and make the cells healthier to perform their functions. Additionally, we use scientifically-backed, special harvesting techniques ensuring the highest number of stem cells from our harvest.
Consulting with Dr. Poovendran and our team can provide more insight into your injury and treatment options.
Ultrasound (US) is a very important diagnostic tool we use in our injury assessments that has unique advantages. It has now become the standard of care to use imaging guidance such as ultrasound or fluoroscopy to safely and accurately perform musculoskeletal injections. Ultrasound guidance allows real-time, dynamic visualization to avoid injuring surrounding structures such as vessels and nerves. It also exponentially increases accuracy in hitting your targeted tissues.
At USA Sports Medicine, every procedure is performed with either ultrasound or fluoroscopic guidance allowing for accuracy in locating the point of injection, thereby maximizing benefits of healing and/or pain relief.